Mornings ...

     I came upon this and just found it so adoring that it made me write one of my own. Just like her, I feel that my mornings are made of somethings that seem just constant and create the best vibe to start the day. 

    I have always been a morning person, thanks to migraines - my body has to maintain a specific sleep and wake up time. No can indulge in a over-sleep session without inviting a blinding headache upon waking up. Sigh! the perils of having that "gene"! 

    But nevertheless I just love waking up early, especially in Bangalore. That time when the sun is still wondering if has to come out or stay hidden in the blankets of clouds is just marvellous. Sometimes , we can see the splendid play of morning colours from our balcony, on days that the sun god decided to wake up early... 

    It is so funny how our bodies also run on auto-pilot. Every morning I notice that my body automatically wakes up few minutes before my alarm rings. When it used to be 5:30 am, I always knew i would get the first sign of consciousness at about 5:15-5:20 - every single day!!!

When I moved my alarm to 6, it is between 5:45-5:50... I am just amazed about this phenomenon. 

    Ever since COVID, the feather friends in our apartment complex has been on the increase for good, except for the Mr. Koel. Oh! he is one big bother. Every morning for near 6 months, he would go rampant with his loud cries just at about 5:45 !!! I can still remember how the hubby and me would groan at the first sound of his cry - I would like to 'wring' his neck :) .. Thankfully he has decided to go and "pleasure" others I believe - it has been some months since he paid us a morning visit - these days it is to the plesant twittering of other small birds that we wake up. Unfortunately not being a birdie, I cant match the voice to the bird. 

    I am not an overtly religous person, but there are some practices that I follow because they just make my heart happy. Things my grandfather had taught me. As soon as I wake up, I rub the palms of my hands and put them on my eyes and walk groggily to the pooja room and switch the light on and have a look at my 'friends' there ... wishing them a good morning (guess they dont have a morning , evening , night but still...) and asking them to make the day a good and fruitful one!

    There is a sense of comfort in the known sequence of events in the morning. As I navigate through most on auto-pilot, there is a sense of calmness that instills in me - check for the milk packes outside the door, boiling them in the same steel vessel , grimacing each and every time I drink the kashayam that seems to be helping with my migraines, hearing the annoying sound of the Mr. cutting cucumbers and carrots for the Guinea pigs (he just has to make the loudest noise), hearing the clutter of vessels and spoons from the upstairs house (their maid comes in pretty early), catching up on the messages on whatsapp from some of those late nighters, making that hot cuppa boost and enjoying that first sip of warmth liquid and taking that first bite of marie - seems to infuse life into my body! 

    I love making milk for the kids and taking it to them and cuddling up with them and waking them up - these days they are no longer into cuddling and the elder one is more often than not in an irritated mood at being woken up so early - but I still love their smell and their feel early in the morning ! Guess moms never change! 

    Some mornings are not good :( when I wake up with that nagging pain of a migraine - yet it is another morning - the hope that such days will be more and more less in the future. 

    Early mornings remind me of waking up in the camp when we trek. The feel of the chilly fresh air of mountains on my face, gives a peace and a happiness like no other. It feels amazing to be alive and to be taking in so much nature! 

    Very recently I was reminiscing about college days and got reminded of mornings then. Most folks in the hostel were late birds, except a few like my BFF and me - who would set an alarm for 4:30 am during exams , which was unheard of and in normal days too at about 6. I would remember bumping into her groggy self in the corridors and being scared to go into the dark recess of the toilets and enjoying the silence of the otherwise noisy hostel. 

    Funnily enough a lot of my real life romance also blossommed in the wee hours of the morning, as I would wait outside the hostel gates , waiting for the Mr to arrive with a rose every single morning (which he would 'borrow' from the garden infront of the admin block) and we would saunter off to the lonely road nearby just to find our own sanctuary and talk of the future and this and that! 

    There is this one song from "Marasim" that I really love , more than the song I love the profoundness of the dialogues that Gulzar recites before the song begins.... it is about a morning - not a nice one though .. but still a morning




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo