I found him .....

.... been searching for him for a long long time now. I had almost lost faith and thought that there would be no hope for me but just to go back to the "old" one only .... but luck-by-chance, I stumbled upon a garrish pink, odd font-ed cover in the not so often visited shelves of blossom book store last weekend - and took a chance and picked it up. It was a book called "The case of the man who died laughing" and read the synopsis and it sounded quite nice. The finicky me did not want to read a series from the middle and requested the helper lady to help me find the first book of the series of detective stories by Tarquin Hall depicting the Indian Poirot - Vish Puri - "The case of the missing servant". And today - I finished it! and BOY! am I glad I bought the book - for I find him .... the replacement for my Poirot dose that I have been searching for years together. 
Tarquin's writing style is not exactly similar to Agatha's but there are similarities - though I must say I like Tarquin's more - probably because it is more elaborate about india and all things indian. But I must admit he is as thorough and detail as Agatha is in describing a place, event , person or incident. Very educative. Tarquin is humorous where Agatha is not. 
Vish Puri is the indian version of Poirot - particular to the T about his dressing, finicky about his food and likes it just as fine as Poirot does, methodical and has the same high opinion about himself as Poirot does. 
I really thoroughly enjoyed devouring this first of the series and cant wait to get back to blossoms to get the second one in the set. 
It has been ages and ages since a book has captivated me so much - maybe not since the Meluha series , or the Potter mania... 
Vish Puri .... you are the man!!! I am glad I found you .. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo