Monday, December 31, 2007
So, another year comes to an end. WOW! that one went by pretty fast - seems like just yesterday that it started. And it is already that time when all those "top 10" lists are popping up. I also have one such "list" to make - thanks to Preethi's Tag. I will come to that shortly - maybe tomorrow - starting a fresh year with the "what I want to dos and bes".
Now is the time for thanks and reminiscing all that went by in 2007.
It was a very nice year for me and my family. Loads of happenings - all good ones, with out major loss - which was anticipated but left a vacuum like none.
The Year began with us moving to this apartment where we are - a smaller one in comparison to where we lived before, but one that definitely made us more happy. Who ever said "Size Matters"! The Late winter and early Spring months saw us enthusiastically planning for our upcoming India trip.
The summer months just fled by - April and May - partly spent in India - with one of the biggest events in our family - my BIL's Wedding. I got a very cute little sister - not co-sister. It was so peaceful to see the satisfaction in my father-in-law's face - seeing his two sons settled in life. Made me wish god that I also be blessed with a "full" life like he had - one where he is contended with all that he has been blessed and not keep cribbing for what he never had.
It was very painful coming back here, but it was lessened to a lot by the knowledge that in 4 days my parents were joining us - for a short trip. Finally, one of my long pending duties was about to get done - getting my parents to the US and showing them places around. It was one of the best quarter we ever had in the US - when they were here. 3 months of fun - at home during weekdays and on weekends roaming around the country - and amma's tasty tasty meals every single day.
It was during their stay here that we got the bad news. My beloved Patti passed away on the 12th of May. She was in a bad state - so death was definitely a relief for her. Though we knew all this- her loss leaves a vacuum in us that probably nothing will ever fill. All family members would joke saying that somebody should make a chip out of the memories in her brain - a wealth of information it would contain. Now all that is gone with her. She was that one bonding factor which brought the scattered members of a huge family tree together - some willing some forced - but now even that driving factor is gone. It saddens me to think of that each time.
When appa and amma left in August - it left such a huge void in our lives that it took us nearly 3 weeks to get back to normal. Life seemed all the more dreadful staying so far away from close ones. It made us want to wrap up things here soon and rush back.
Both the Mr. and Me changed jobs this year - went to places that were much better than where we were - giving us good joy. I got to do the work I always wanted to do finally and also had a good "gang" of girl friends at work.
August also saw the birth of cute lil 'S' - my dearest friend 'S's daughter. October welcomed the son of R and G. All happy newses and cute pictures floated around.
God blessed us both with good health and the needed wealth to keep us going this year. All our family is safe, healthy and happy - giving us the needed assurance. My in-laws' dreams came true. My parents' were satisfied with their trip here. So, in all a good year. With loads of thanks and gratitude to the Uparwala!
I take this time to thank all those who were part of life this year and are continuing to be a part the next year. Thankful to all those friends who were there for me in times of need, there when I wanted to share a happy news. And thank god for good health, peace in the family and contentment in the heart, and for helping us out anytime we faced an issue or problem.
So, with a happy heart I close one more year. A year filled with zillions of memories, some stored in pages of diaries, some in "forever memory", some on calendar pages, some as photos on our scrap board and some on my blog.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
The Mr's Master Strokes
I took a couple of pics from the balcony, braving the strong winds ..
What was once our "Hara bhara" garden.
Am I glad to be on this side of the "Post" and not the other. Who ever said "Grass is always Greener on the other side"
Want to come home? Have a Seat?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Okay now moving on to my Tag. This probably will be the most quirkiest thing I have ever written on my blog . LOL.
1. How do you feel after a one night stand?
Oh! I would looove it if it was anyone in the list .. Yesudas, Asha Bhonsle, Shreya Ghoshal, KK, Sonu Nigam, SPB ... the list goes on..... Wait - hold your horses, before you get me all Judged up - according to Wikipedia .... one night stand means ... A one-night stand is originally a single night theatre performance (usually a guest group on tour) ........ and i did not bother to read beyond that ;).
2. Do you ever get used to wearing a thong?
Nope ... would not want to try one too :)
3. Does it hurt?
Would not know ..
4. Do you know when you are acting crazy?
What do mean by "Act" ... ain't I crazy all the time ??
5. Does size really matter?
Well depends on the "thing" whose size we are talking of :)
6. When the bill comes are you still a feminist?
After marriage, I carefully choose to ignore that word for a lot of "beneficial" reasons .. hee hee
7. Why do you take so long to get ready?
Half of the charm is in the anticipation .... so make them wait :)
8. Do you watch porn, too?
"Too" - does that mean you watch it ????? Preethi - you never told me !!!!
9. Will something from Tiffany’s solve everything?
Depends on WHAT needs solving ..
10. Are guys as big of a mystery to you as you are to us?
Why even give that much of a thought about them :) .... Too much time waste to think...
11. Why do you sometimes think you look fat?
Sometimes ???? these days it is alwaaaaaaays and no matter what i do ;)
12. Why are you always late?
See Answer 7.
13. Does it bother you when we scratch?
Yewwwwwwwww .... the mean thought gives goose bumps..
14. Do you wish you could pee standing up?
Never ... i love sitting when given the chance :)
15. Why do so many women cut their hair short as soon as they get married?
Nope - no idea... never done that before.. Well actually i think - guys give us enough trouble and it falls off on its own, why bother cutting it ?
16. How often do you think about sex?
No Comments ....
17. What do you think of women who sleep with guys on the first date?
hmmm... are you that desperate??
18. Would you?
19. Do you realize every guy wants a girl just like his mom?
I know for sure he does not "want" a girl as old as his mom....
20. Why does every woman think she can change him?
hmmm.... no answer - guilty as sin !
21. Does it matter what car I drive?
Nope ... as long as you let me drive it too :)
22. Do you ever fart?
Shhh ..... some things are best unsaid ...
Phew..... that was some Tag :) .... I enjoyed it though ... thanks Preethi...
I think despite being caught in domestic and official affairs , you should take out some little time for yourself - that time where nothing else but you and you alone matter.
Since a very long time, I wanted to write about this - Photo Sharing.
There was a time, say about 5-6 years ago, when the only photographs that people every had of themselves or trips or families were the printed ones - and it was a pain scanning these photos to share with friends or relatives. But with the advent of the digital cameras - sizes ranging from ones as big as a watermelon to ones as small as lemon - sharing photos has become the most easiest thing in lives. And with free photo sites and chat windows that enable file transfer being every so common, there are probably millions of photos being shared and viewed right at this moment.
I keep getting photos from friends atleast once a week, if not at a rate more than that. There are some very small things- pretty annoying things which I wonder why people don't even bother to pay attention to. They are a bit time consuming tasks but then without these I feel that the whole purpose of the photo sharing is lost. They are:
- Half of the photos will not be rotated - so when you transfer your photo from the camera and it is upside down or oriented in the right side direction, you just upload it the same way. Is the looker supposed to get his head corrected or lift and rotate his laptop to view the photo ? Do you really think anybody would look further down the snaps if he/she finds such annoying snaps often in the list that you send ?
- There is not one word of caption - describing where the photo was taken and who are all the morons smiling at the camera in the kodak moment ? Not everybody who knows you - is acquainted with every single human in your life - but maybe if you put a line there -"My sis", or "My friends" .... it would make things more interesting and maybe more meaningful.
- The whole purpose of having a digital camera is to be able to click 4-5 snaps so that one of that might be a good one. But when you transfer all the contents to a website hosting your pictures, why don't you spare a moment to take out the "trash" ones. Often you will find snaps where there is probably only 1/4th of somebody's leg showing up or everything else being in focus other than the intended subject. Is it too much to ask that you remove these and only upload the good ones ?