Tagged!


Yahooo! Finally I got tagged. I never thought this day would come. For more than 2 years I have been blogging but nobody has every tagged me..... I am so happy.... Thanks a tonnnnnne Preethi.

Rules of the game: Link to the person that tagged you, and post
the rules on your blog.Share 7 random and/or weird facts about
yourself.Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links
to their blogs.Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving
a comment on their blog.

Okay now for the Tag. Well, it certainly is a tough one - 7 weird/random things about me. Hmm... I really don't know what to write. They may not be weird things - in the sense that maybe everybody does or have these things, but then here goes.

  1. Okay the first thing that comes to my mind is my weird obsession to "note" every single happening in my life. I always have this insatiably desire to write down almost every single thing that happens in my life. Right from when I woke up, to what I ate, whom I met, what I spoke, what I am feeling, what I am wearing.... oh! it just goes on. I took to the diary writing habit - much to the dislike of my parents when I was about 14 years old. Even today when I read those diaries I feel there is probably this one part of me that has never changed. Even those days I would start off "I woke up at 6 today ..." or " the vendakai upperi today was fantastic..." or "I am feeling so depressed today" or "I wore the red skirt I love so much". And this one line too " I have been wanting to write down sooo much but have not found time. Wish there was some way that every thought that goes through my mind gets recorded on paper somewhere automatically"! I think i will find this line no matter which year's diary I read.
  2. I am scared of darkness. To this day, I need a light somewhere in the house (which I can see) when I go to sleep. I get scared of ghost movies, ghost images and all. I saw one ghost movie when I was about 11 or so, where this ghost springs from a box - and for many months to come I was scared of the flush tank in my bathroom. About 3 or 4 years ago, I decided to be extra-ordinarily brave and went to see "Raaz" in the theatre. For 6 months, the very few inconsequential (from the perspective of a horror-movie lover) scenes, where i kept my eyes open while watching the movie haunted my dreams and waking moments.
  3. I am my worst enemy. I can preach to thousands of folks about confidence, can boost anybody spirits, can talk for hours about other's issues and try to provide solutions - but don't have an ounce of self confidence. I cannot convince myself to be able to strong in doing anything. I always need somebody who can tell me - Yes you can do it. Each exam day morning in college, found me sitting near the telephone in the hostel - amma pouring "energy tonic" into my ears. Later it even came to a situation where my juniors would come to wish me and tell me that I would do the exam well.
  4. I find it very difficult to be "interested" in some hobby for a long time. There was a time when I read books like crazy. In school, I was the only one who would borrow books from the library during exams. But then suddenly I seem to have lost all interest in books.
  5. I love anything and everything related to "girly" stuff. I love dressing up, wearing matching stuff, shopping for matching stuff. I love decorating my books with cute patterns or stickers. I love putting up nice posters in my house, cutting out images from magazines and scrapbooking them. I love wearing jasmine flowers in my hair (I miss them soooo dearly here in the US). I love pattu sarees and jewellery (mostly costume and a bit of gold). I love wearing bangles - glass, plastic, metal. I enjoy being a girl/woman and love the vibrant colors that we have in our dressing. In fact I think I played with dolls and choppu for the longest - even when I was in Class 6 or 7 !!! That is one reason I have never been able to like western clothing where all colors seem so bland to me. If you have been reading my blog for long, you should have read this.
  6. Oh! Have I written only 5 till now ? It seems like I have been writing for ages....That brings me to another weird thing about me. I love elaborating. I cannot be poetic or write like writers do, but with my very limited vocabulary I can elaborate on a situation, event of a feeling. I used to write long long letters to my amma while in hostel and loved getting her letters as they reflected my nature exactly. I would describe everything from the menu in the hostel to all conversations we had, to all activities that we have planned and so on. (Does this look like Point#1 itself?). I guess I got it from my grandmother (amma's amma) - who could describe about a single room for nearly 30 minutes - and a room that she probably never even visited.
  7. I hate to write this about myself - for it is something I am really trying to change about myself. But then a blog is a place where I need to be candid - what is the point in sugar coating things and exposing only the "BEST" part of me - right? I - don't know how to put this - think I have some fixed set of ideas - mostly driven by regional/caste/gender prejudices. Let me try to explain - okay stuff like - Malayalis are this way, bengalis are this, tam-brahms are this - they do stuff like this ... and so on. Many a times I have been proved wrong - and learnt my lesson. So, I have stopped judging people based on where they come from, what they eat, where they grew up or what gender they are.... but old habits do sometimes kick in. Well, to be fair to myself - it is not always the "wrong" thing that I think - I even think of the positives.
Well there - my life is a open book now.... naah! not really... just how do you know all the above trash is true ... hee hee kidding... But boy - this is probably one post I really really had to think a loooot before I wrote.

It certainly was so nice to be tagged - thanks again Preethi.

Now to tag my friends...I would like to tag Chandrika, Kumari, P.Sirisha, Prathibha, Ram, Venu , Deepthi , Sarada and Subha to write 7 weird/random things about themselves.

Comments

Preethi said…
haah!! And I am the first one to comment on it!! Great post!! It was soo cute!! And guess what I have always liked 5 about you.. Subs and I used to discuss about how much care you took in everday apperance!! And it does pay off!! As for 6.. thats the reason I keep coming back!! Yeah you elaborate.. but that in itself is a great unique style of writing!!
Deeps said…
Nice one :). Especially the "wanting to write everything down". Yeah it'd be nice if I had a machine like that too, but I wonder if I'll ever be able to read the whle thing again ;-).

Thanks for tagging me. I already mentioned some 8 strange quirks of mine in one of the tags. Hope that counts :-D.
Vidhya Rajesh said…
@@Preethi- thanks for the compliment... I have heard lots of comments also about #5 - but mostly compliments only. I hope I can maintain that even when "additional" responsibilities come by LOL ... #6 does tend to be boring at times. Sometimes when I start to write, even i feel that - i go on about one point till the extent that even i get fed up...

@@ Deepthi - yup - read the post and posted a comment also ..
Preethi said…
Hey you are tagged again!! And this one is even more fun... read my blog
Subha Srini said…
Hi Vidhya,
This is the first time, I completed the tag !! View my blog for more details ..

Belated Birthday Wishes to you !!

Subha
Zahid said…
Nicely tagged!!!!
And the first point says a lot about you !!!

keep tagging!!!
chk me up!!
Gomathi Sarma said…
So Ms. Girlie... Nice self analysis.. inimel i know how to scar eyou.. darkness :):)

And dont worry too much being your worst enemy. Everyone of us are so at different times of the life.And continue to elaborate.

That is the only we get to read your way of unique - interesting blogs.

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo