Friday, May 13, 2005

Familiarity

There are these quiet moments I spend walking around and watching people where I work. I notice them , their actions , features and immediately my mind starts scanning pages of my memory as to who in the past have I seen , resembles this person ...

Everytime I am surprised to find that there is some person whom I have met in the past who is more or less similar to the new person that I am meeting. Some trait, some mannerisms ....

This always brings to memory of Agatha Christie's Ms. Marple, who would always say that the way to solve a mystery is to identify the person with someone you have known and then to identify the character.

4 comments:

lord emsworth said...

hey,something gives me the impression that your eyes are everywhere except your monitor.

i get these feelings of deja-vu so often....like a particular setting...or arrangement of objects..that i'm sure i've seen before. sometimes i feel, God run's out of ideas too, like hindi film directors...he too has some formulae

Kumari said...

Deja vu..the scientific explanation for it removes all the romance form a chance meeting with a stranger blossoming inot a relationship for life...so i shall not speak about it here.

Welcome aboard Miss.Muffet!

Btw, is Jo March one of the Little Women?:p

Vidhya Rajesh said...

You bet Ms.Midget .... What Else .. Awww ... scientific explanations are the most spoilsports i have always felt ... It is always so nice to imagine and look at the world through rose(pink) tinted glasses.

2 said...

I see two other souls everyday, in my office - and that's it. After I read this post, I realized that one of them looks like Al Pacino - complete with a right cheek mole!