Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Has it every happened that there is this movie that you just happen to adore beyond reasons and when you tell that to people, who otherwise like your tastes pretty much, look at you as if you have lost your mind ? That you watch the same movie twice in two days and even then you are ready to watch it a third time too, without batting an eyelid ... 

This is how I am feeling about 'Jagga Jasoos'. I keep scouring the internet hoping for news that the movie is as hit as I am feeling it should be. Everytime I ask a friend to watch the movie, I am hoping he/she feels what I felt about the movie - that I loved every frame of the movie (except of that really unnecessary "khana-peena-chale-gaye" song).

In a very very long time, I have felt this about a movie I feel. And I have been racking my brains, what is there in it that makes me feel so? So, I thought what better than to jot it all down here.

Some things that I loved about the movie :

  • In a movie world where a "good" movie means having an overdose of gadgets and jargons that otherwise would be limited only to the unused dictionaries ; or sleazy romance with lack of clothes or otherwise; or over-the-top action scenes and songs which just seem to be patched into a story which is non-existent ; comes a movie that makes sense from the very word "Go" .... a story that brings a fresh air of hope, positive spirit and simplicity at its core. 
  • I have always been a, if not completely firm but to a larger extent, believer in the "Red Circle" and to see that being established and described so beautifully in front of my eyes - was overwhelming and beautiful...
  • I loved the musical part of the movie - the lyrics or should I say conversations were so simple yet so magically rhyming.. Kudos to the brilliance of Amitabh Bhattacharya... every single "conversational" song is filled with beauty - beauty of the words ... The best being of course Chocolate-a Chunnu.... what a brilliant ice breaker and conversation starter :)
  • There are many scenes that stand out in the movie. One of them is the first sight of the house that they are going to live in - I simply adored the expressions Tutti-Futti and Jagga had on their faces - one was filled with abundant joy of finally having a house to live in ; and the other a silent pride in showing the place where he is going to house his new found partner-in-crime.
  • One another scene that inadvertently bought tears  to my eyes is the scene where little jagga carries the bench containing the names of two sweethearts in school and drops it at the old man's host and how he breaks seeing the bench....how many times in our lives have we accidently chanced upon an old letter or an old piece of cloth that was once upon a time our favorite or an old photo and how it has brought back flood of memories....
  • I just adored every single song in the movie...most mornings you will still find me making chapathis or dosas savouring 'jhumritalaya' or 'musafir' or 'phir wohi'... I love dancing to 'galti se mistake' with mili just as much as I loved drooling over RK in the movie... I let even promotional calls ring on just to listen to my ringtone - 'ullu ka patta'...in the theatre I was dancing  completely to the song....did you notice the amazing synchronized quality of dancing that RK and Katrina did? I don't know why it was not so praised as much as any hrithik dance...guess the world is prejudiced... Shiamak is certainly one extraordinary choreographer...kick out the jhatkas and matkas.
  • The depiction of 'bad luck' was extremely hilarious....and so creative...especially the one where they find Tutti-futti thanks to the stairs!!! And the Rock!!
  • Did you notice the entry scene of Saurabh Shukla and how is was exactly the same copy of his scene in Barfi - his scratching his beard while the hero escapes from the backdoor...
  • I am sure 90% of folks would have been bored post interval - the nimboo-mirchi song...but do you realize how this is the current state of our world where we are totally agnostic to what happens to the others as long as we are safe behind our shatter proof glass house...
  • I absolutely loved the cinematography....want to visit Africa right at this moment....how lovely the crowded houses and streets have been depicted....
  • Last but the most important of all is the most romantic scene in the movie - the 'hoth phatt Gaye the'....according to my buddies who I watched the movie with, I was almost at the screen...to provide the much needed 'moisture'...😉
I could go on....but better part this atleast now....especially for S who has been waiting for this post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Cashew Pista Ladoo