Happy Vinayaka Chaturthi ...

There could be no better day to re"Start" my blog writing. Vinayaka Chaturthi - the birthday of the beloved elephant-faced god - who is prayed to at the beginning of anything and everything good.


Well the reason of my hibernation in the middle of Summer is - the arrival of my little one - Maya.... A week after she was born, I could not decide which was a better situation - having her in my tummy and grumbling that her constant movements never let me sleep or having her in the crib next to my bed and still grumbling that her constant movements never let me sleep ha ha ha ....


Life has never been this "interesting"... Motherhood is something that you always feel that you are absolutely prepared for, till the moment the nurses hand the baby into your hands and say ta-ta .. as you leave the hospital - that is when you realise - SOS! SOS! I need help ... who the hell said I was prepared to be a MOM :) ....


I read somewhere - "Just when you are done with almost everything that you can do to calm your fussy baby and are almost ready to throw him out of the window, he will flash that most irresistable charming smile and everything in the world will seem to be right!" .. That person could be no further away from the truth ... All those tiring moments, frustrating minutes where you dont know how to calm your infant, frustrations of sleepless nights where all you want is to drag that blanket over your head and zzzz while your little one is shrieking in pleasure as if that were the most active part of the day - all flies off in a second when she gives that drooly, toothless, tongue-hanging-out smile ... and i go all goooey and just hug and kiss her ...


Okay - now that was a good start .. was it not? Hopefully I can be more regular now ... A beginning on Vinayaka Chaturthi should not go vain ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
welcome back dear. Waiting to hear more stories about "The Heroine - Maya ".....
My Thoughts said…
Welcome Back!!!Here's to more 'interesting' moments and days ahead!!
Vidhya Rajesh said…
$$ Thanks Uthra and Sirisha.. Definitely loads of "intersting" stuff to post ha ha ...
Gomathi Sarma said…
Ah.. Welcome back to blogging. I am glad Maya is giving you some time to stay connected.
Gomathi Sarma said…
And i love that "ummachi kaapaathu" photo of the little one.. She is adorable

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo