Happy B'day

to you ...
Happy B'day to you ....
Happy B'day Dear "Aena" (That is what I address Rajesh as)..
Happy B'day to you ...



So, finally over the weekend, Rajesh turned a year older ; with nothing much change in almost anything about him :) .... Neither did he wake up an inch taller, not did he have two more white hair on his "jungle" head, nor did he stop jumping up and down like a 8-year old for each goal that Brazil made .... Hmmm... atleast we had the most scrumptious, taste-lingering-in-the-mouth-after-many-hours, mouth watering, heavenly Black Forrest Torte with great relish....

As one grows older, b'days become just one another day - where at the most what you do is go out for a dinner and have a binge! My b'days while I was still "young" enough to celeberate them, were the most wonderful occasions. All because of my darling amma and her surprise gifts !! ....
Amma had the best knack in the world to give suprise gifts and the best suited gifts.
The very first gift that I remember of hers is an Enid Blyton book - bedtime stories. I treasure it a lot and has always been the most favourite of mine.
As the years passed, whenever i wanted a book, I was sure to get it for my b'day - Nancy Drew , 3 Investigators , Agatha Christie ...
One of the best thing about amma was, she knew exactly what I wanted. One morning I woke up on my b'day to find a "Bagful of things" on the table for me... A Moti soap (I was crazy about it those days) , my Anchor Kit stiching framed in one of the bestest frames, a 3 - Investigators novel and much more ... My darling Amma hooked appa also once to join in this "Surprise" game. For one b'day they both went out and bought a very very plush and sooooooooooft blanket for me - hid it in the Car and gave it to me on the b'day morn! ....
Oh! How I wish i were a kid once more ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo