Missing Home





I miss home .. waaaahhhhh ... booo hooo..... I cried one night ....

I miss amma ... her calls of "viva ... endhuru mani aaru aachu", her wonderful tea with the "vatta" biscuit(as paati calls it) ; chattering away nineteen to dozen with her while she is plaiting my hair; the well-packed lunch box she gave me daily; her telling me everyday "tiffin box eduthundiya, kannadi edunthundiya; cell eduthundiya; seri po vera onnum vendam"(did you take the tiffin box, spectacles, cell - okay go you don't need anything else)" ; calling her once a while from office to chit-chat on what she is doing/complain about how appa inevitable always calls her when she is sleeping and calls me when i am at lunch; miss hugging her and sleeping a night; laughing and making fun of her when she imitates periamma by asking "thoongiyaaaach" just before sleeping... I miss amma....

I miss appa ... his grumbling about my chatter in the mornings; dropping me off at the bus stop; cribbing why i don't do my MBA; arguing about my lack of interest in the day-to-day happenings in the world; complaining when i cut out only the crossword portion in "Hindu" to take to office;admiring how he religiously did puja everyday;his calls in office everyday just to say "ah! vera onnum illaye" (okay! there is nothing no?);his everyday advice about how i should wash my face as soon as i come from office; his frowns if i did not wear the bindi;the fights for TV channels; his constant complaints about MTV and V-TV(that is how he calls V-channel);his occasional hugs and kisses when i am sleeping;some good discussions when he is in a jolly mood;his scorns on my watching hindi movies;his ever-favourite question "Unakku indha diary eyudhara payakkam edhukku thaano?"(why do you have the habit of writing diaries).... I miss appa...

I MISS HOME !!!!! ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo