Coming Home To Siyaram ....

Well, I am not going to write an article about suiting and shirting ... but when i thought of the fact that i am going home today .... this is the first thing that came to my mind ... I love this caption and the way it is sung in the ad ....
Ahhhh! Home ... Well i go home every evening from work , but today i will be going to my other home , the home i have been in for 25 years and no matter where i go , when i return to it , i feel so complete ....
"Home" , as a kid was never constant for me .... Every summer vacations i would go to chennai... While leaving Vizag , i would wail in despair , that i did not want to go there ... but the moment i landed at grandparent's home .... i would forget everything else in the world and while coming back after 2 months, i would wail in sorrow that i never wanted to go back to vizag ....
The sense of "Home" actually came full-fledged when i left for college and hostel life .. The first vacations that i came back from the hostel, was when i realised and was grateful to god that I had a home to come to, loving parents' arms to run into ... good food, TV, movies and relaxing days ....
As i grew up, joined office, coming back from office to home was also a great pleasure .. amma would make me hot tea and over the hot cup of tea and my favourite Marie biscuits , i would rattle about every single of the day's happenings - from Manoj's teasings, to Rupa's silence, to Viji's despair about EPASS, to the light fights with Ram, to the heavy work, to irritation about "onsite" folks, to lunch chats with Meens and Subha .... and what nots ... Daily updates about friends , and daily updates about amma's activites made my day .... and home was heaven ...
Today , after marriage, i am visiting my parents for the first time ... I am very happy here in bangalore, very very glad to return to home here daily , to be with rajesh , to make plans with him , to go out , have fun, sit down on quiet evenings listening to music, reading books , discussing life with him .... but yet , the thought of going home to my parents ..... brings a joy like never ....
I am "Coming" to home ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo