Shyamali & Changes

My Blog has got nothing to describe about Shyamali , but i would like to dedicate this blog to her. Shyamali is one of my friends. She was with me in Chennai DC and was my van cum crossword partner.... Currently settled in Aussie with a cute little kid ... she is as beautiful and slim as ever ...
When I had to go to a different office for some work for 3-4 months , in 2002, I was worried how I would find company for b'fast / lunch. I was so used to being with my friends in chennai DC ... It was then that Shyamali told me this universally known, but never accepted by me fact.... that life goes on no matter what happens to the sorroundings ... She told me that I would get used to the new place very soon and would form a set/group or routine there also ...
Any change is always damn scary for me , be it something as small as a new project to something as big as working in a new location .... The change could be just anything .... an event that upsets a particular routine that I have , be it getting up at 6:00 and getting ready to office, or having this group of friends for lunch, or having this particular person sit next to me in office .... After that day with Shyamali, there have been atleast half a dozen changes in my life , but I have always pondered and found that what Shyamali told me that day is absolutely true ...
Every new place I have been to, every new seat I have changed in office, I have struggled , grumbled, always "polambofied" (tamil-englised version of grumbling) to every person I knew about how difficult things are and how I am not liking it at all ... and within a matter of a week or two , within the little things around me , I have always formed a small world of comfort and familiarity , thus making things back to normal .... But I have always missed and longed for the previous comfort zone that I had ... close friends, nice gossip , great fun ....
Just as I miss my chennai project mates and Meena and Subha - for lunch, tea etc etc ....
Any change in life - and I will always rememeber shyamali ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo