Rainy Tales

Having come from the land of Scorching Sun , Singara chennai, my experience with rains in b'lore have been very novel... Not that I have never experienced rains in my life...
Friday will always be a day/rather evening to remember ..
I started off back home , smiling to myself - that it was the weekend and i had loads of fun to look forward to ... The first dampening (literally)of my spirit (as well as self) started when i almost got completed drenched in the first few (no more) showers of the rain , walking to the bus stop .... One and half of ant crawling journey to my place , tested my break-any-second patience to the maximum ... Imagine to be stopped at the street next to your house for about 20 mintues - you cannot walk down because it is pouring and the roads are full of slushy mud, drainage water and what-not ...
I was sooo releived to get down off the bus and walked with swift steps towards my apt complex when the brakes of my sandals were applied with such a force that i almost fell off ... Where did this river come up in front of my home in just half a day ? Did i get down at the wrong place .... I was appalled to see waist deep (i am quite tall by standards - so if the water was waist deep for me, it was neck deep for normal people ) water about 50 ft from my complex gate ... With a mixture of feelings - thrill , chill, anger, hunger ... I held on to this smartian's hand and waded through god-knows-what-water ... Though i proudly tell all my friends that all road of b'lore are wonderfully cemented, i always intentionally forget to mention the pathetic condition of this particular road , for one never knows where there is a pit or hole or gravel or land ... and at this particular time, it was worse ... water had caved into every possible pin hole making it look(sorry all i could do was feel) like a crater ... I was later glad that it was pitch dark, for had it been atleast a bit illuminating that evening, i would not have even dared to step into the water - for the next day we found all kinds of creatures dead in that water ... yuck!
I was even more shocked to find the entire basement of my apartment complex flooded with water ... All the vehicles were drowned... The theft alarms of all cars were blaring and it was like the concert of cacofonix the bard ... A nice opportnity for us to choose which theft alarm we would never use for our vehicle ...
another "good" news awaited me when i somehow finished my "wading" excercise for the day ... The lift was not working... i would have been a fool to expect it also ... So, started the second excercise for the day ... "Climbing" upto the 8th floor ... Having a house this high has its own advantages and disadvantages ... I could feel all the panner i had the previous day disintegrating ... After much huff and puff , i arrived to find myself blinded by the bright, oops sorry stark darkness ...
All that ensued was even more nightmarish ... no power for about 3 hours , then low voltage for the entire night , all the goodies in the fridge getting spoilt , dirty water till morning , and no water till evening ....
GOSH! my experience with rain was a bit too wet for comfort ...

Comments

Subha Srini said…
oops!!!

Being in chennai, we find ourselves immersed in the flood of sweat and utter, "it is better to bear the heavy downpour rather than the scorching sun". Looks like the other side is always green ;-))

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo