Monday Blues/Hues

As a unlaid rule, I dislike mondays .... It is probably the most terribly thing to wake up to the blare of the alarm, and look at the watch thru one eye ..to see the monstrous word "Mon" there .....
To think of spending the next 11-12 (sometimes more) so hours in a cage called "Office" is most boring .... especially after a nice long relaxing weekend ... full of activities that is closest to one's heart .... Today it was even worse when i woke up .... for my husband had the day off and i had to go to office ... I thought , can life get worser .... With a very very reluctant look on my face, i waved a bye to my husband who came to see me off at the bus stop ....
But the day was not that bad after all , I realised.... when I opened the book I had bought over the weekend ... "Landour Days" by Ruskin Bond .... I could not contain my excitement as I finished each sentence .... It was as if I was looking at a mirror in my hands ... word to work I could see myself in the book ... If you ever happen to get a copy , do remember me while reading it ;) .....
Whenever i like a book , i don't read it at a strech ... I am very reluctant to turn the pages , it is the fear that the book will be over soon .... So, I read a few lines , mull over what i read and save the rest for another time ... This has always been a totally opposite habit of mine ... quite contrary to what my friends do when they catch hold of an interesting book ... of course thrillers are exceptions to the rule ...
So, after having please myself with 1/20th of the book , i shut it and closed my eyes .... Pictures of what i read , countless of thoughts , dozens of blogs i want to write flitted about in my mind ... and in no time we read office, a journey that i always felt went on for hours together ....
Can the day get better I thought when i saw what was in my mail box .... I had got a mail from one of my closest uncle cum friend , whom i fondly called Balaji mama .... When I announce my intention to marry Rajesh, it was with so my apprenshion that i did so .... Mine was a love marriage, so there was this huge fear of rejection from all close quarters ... And me being a person very close to family and friends, this was the biggest blow i would ever get .... One of the persons whose opinion mattered most to me was Balaji mama .... And his mail today made my day when he tells me that he might just love rajesh more than me .... and might have found a friend for life in me ... My joys grew no bound on reading this .... You might not be in touch for long , might not speak for years together , but yet some people are so close to your life that any decision you take, the person does pass through your mind, what he would think and what he would react like .... So strange na this feeling ?
A couple of other mails from my cousin Venkatesh and a junior from college Carthik also make my day so fresh and nice ...
As kids, all I knew about cousins is having a fun time , playing with them , going out for movies .. As we grew old, we cousins got into our own lives, friends, worries , achievements and all that mattered about other cousins was getting regular news from our parents and saying a hi or hello once in a couple of years ....
Venkatesh was always the boy behind books, that was how I knew him for a long time , till changes dramatically after a family trip to Thirupathi.... I got to know of a very nice warm and intelligent person caleld Venaktesh ... Since then we have been close ... and getting a mail from him while he is vacationing touched me very much ....
Carthik was one year junior to me in college ... All my interactions with him were limited to a fest in which we were part of the same committee .... I got to know of him though from my juniors ...( the campus of college is large, so is the gossip comittee ... So not hard , not get to get news of anybody).. He was one person I always admired ... for his knowlege on the English language seemed immense , but I always felt shy to even talk to him , for I feel that i am inadequate when it comes to the gift of the gab, and often get tongue tied while talking to new people ... When i left college, we were hardly acquaintances ... 2 years later, I once broke the ice by mailing him for some reason (don't remember that now) and was very pleasantly surprised to see a very nice and warm reply from him ....
Well, today again I got a long and descriptive reply from him , making my day ...
Well, this has been a really long blog .... but what a wonderful start to my day and the week :) ... thanks to my near and dear ones ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo