A H(f)airy Tale

Rapunzel ! Rapunzel ! Let your hair down - cried the Prince ... and lo! fell long locks of hair... Every since childhood , I had this fascination for long thick black hair .... Lustrous mane has always been my best attribute for a woman ....
When I was a kid , my mother would always cut my hair the moment it reached my shoulders, saying that short hair looks cute .... I would fret and fume and cry and relent coming to the parlour .... I always wanted long , flowing hair , that would bounce on my backside while i walked ....
Then there came a stage in life , where my mother insisted on my growing my hair and the current fashion that was running was of short hair ....
Over the years , trends of hair fashion kept changing , starting with the Sadhana cut of having small tendrils fall on your forehead , to high pony tails that sat on the crown of your head , to long plaits and french braids .... and now .... Well Ahem! sad to say that there is nothing called a proper "hair" sense these days ...
Every day I watch all the girls in my office ... 70% of them have their hair loose hanging on their shoulders ... while it looks good on most of them , it looks not-at-all-good on others ... The tamil appropriate phrase would be "pisasu maadhiri thalai viruchu podaradhu" .... Gone are those days when people would look admiringly at thick black hair plaited down to the knees .... These are days when people are colouring their hair with all possible colours .. earlier if somebody's hair had colored on its own , it was considered such a shame ... and here is a time when people hate their black hair and go for variety of shades , staring from brown , to silver to red to what-not ....
There is this young lady I watch everyday , who has hair long upto her knees , who neatly braids it and lovingly puts flowers ..... it makes such a pleasant sight to see her ....
what would i not do to have such hair ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo