Copy Cats

Yesterday there was a quiz that my husband forwarded to me, about the number of copies of English movies/scenes that have been made in Hindi movies. Every other movie that gets released and is reviewed , has this tag attached, re-make of so-and-so english movie, and more often than not, I hear my friends/colleagues who watched the hindi flick say "kya paisa waste tha! The English version was so much better" ...
We were discussing about two movies last Sunday , my husband and I. Both of us like this film called "Mann" which is scorned by most of the ppl saying it has only rona-dhona. Mann is a re-make of "An Affair to remember" - undoubtedly the English version is crisper and more to the point and has well-named stars in it, but when we watched the last scene of the movie, both of us had to agree that no matter how hard english stars tried, they would not be able to beat Aamir's histrionics in bringing out the pain and love he feels. To this day, I feel tearful about that scene.
Another movie which will always remain most of Indian population's favourite is Sholay ... A movie that contains in itself, every single emotion conceivable from Friendship to love, revenge to harmony, destruction to celeberation ... can anybody forget "Yeh dosti ... hum nahin" , or the how the colours of holi make the morose village so lively , or the thrill that goes thru the spine when you hear Amjad say "Kitne aadmi the" ... or the stone faced acting of Sanjeev kumar ...
This also , i came to know , is a copy of a Western classic... but I am sure people in the West would not remember that movie with the same fervour that we Indians remember Sholay ....
Hmmm ... Almost makes me wish I could see the movie now ..
I got go on and on about movies ... but have to complete this really "GREAT" work that have been given to "TALENTED" me , copying stuff from word and pasting it onto XLS. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Cup Cake

Chocolat(i) Chunnu.... Biscutta Bunnu.....

Cashew Pista Ladoo